Home | Hello guest,
New Customer? About Us | Contact Us | Help Center
Trusted Guarantee Fast Shipping
Become Our Fan Follow Us Shopping Cart (0)

Pokemon Pop 'n Battle Rivalry Pack B;W Series 1 Grass Starter And Pikachu

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pokemon Pop 'n Battle Rivalry Pack B;W Series 1 Grass Starter And Pikachu

Product Details

  • Product Dimensions: 11.5 x 3 x 12 inches

  • Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)

  • Shipping: This item is also available for shipping to select countries outside the U.S.

  • ASIN: B004XOTMN0

  • Item model number: 28174

  • Manufacturer recommended age: 4 - 8 years

  • Amazon Best Sellers Rank: 13,811 in Toys ; Games (See Top 100 in Toys ; Games)


By : Pokémon
Price : $18.08
You Save : $3.91 (18%)
Pokemon Pop 'n Battle Rivalry Pack B;W Series 1 Grass Starter And Pikachu

Product Description


From the Manufacturer
Test your skill in the Pop 'N Battle Rivalry Pack. Catch your Pokémon Catcher, launch your Pokémon into battle, and faint your opponent's Pokémon by hitting maximum damage on the attack targets.

 

Pokemon Pop 'n Battle Rivalry Pack B;W Series 1 Grass Starter And Pikachu

 

Product Features

  • Complete starter kit to the new, innovative Pokémon Battle play

  • Includes 2 Pop ?n Battle Pokéball Launchers, 2 Figures and 2 Attack Targets for a competitive battle

  • Also includes bonus of 2 battle meters and 2 Pokéball clips

Pokemon Pop 'n Battle Rivalry Pack B;W Series 1 Grass Starter And Pikachu

Customer Reviews


OK, first off I didn't buy this from Amazon, my younger siblings recieved it as a gift for their birthday. After the performance I just watched and participated in with this toy I decided this needed to be reviewed to warn others. When we first got it home they were super happy and excited as we started unwrapping it and reading the directions. The directions were fairly straight forward, unfold the cube, flip the switch, launch the pokemon, and have fun. So we tried doing just that. We did a few test runs with the launchers before starting off. The launchers worked but they were a little disappointing in how far the pokemon rolled. I promptly flipped them over and realized the issue, the ball bearings used to allow them to roll had a surprisingly large amount of friction preventing them from rolling much at all. I thought well that's not so bad, for now we can just shoot them up close and I'll WD40 them later. Next we started to set up the cubes. I unfolded it flipped the switch and went to set it back down and it snapped shut the second it touched the floor. (You have to do it in mid-air or they will not stay open. The directions stated it and I'll get to why further on.) I figure "Well they are supposed to be fairly sensitive." so I try again much more delicately. I get the hang of it after a few more tries and start trying to show the kids how to do it. They are 8 and 7 so they are definitely old enough to be able to handle it. I watch them try, instructing them as they go and after about fifty tries they have managed to break the walls off the cubes trying to hold them flat in mid-air and flip the switch to keep them in place and not once manage a successful setup. Luckily the walls just snap back on. Excitement now became "Well I guess it just takes practice." At this point I'm thinking "Oh well, I'll just do all the setting up so they can at least start to play." I set them up and offer to play the first couple games with them to help them learn how to play. We start playing without much success hitting the cube platforms. After a while we were hitting them pretty regularly but we unable to get the cube to snap shut around the pokemon, which according to the rules you have to do or the "attack" doesn't count. "Well again it must just take practice" quickly faded to irritation. I start pouring over the design of the cubes and quickly find the problem. The trigger that causes the cubes to close is on the BOTTOM. This poses several problems. First, it renders the setup of the cube for a child neigh impossible. (And this is why it has to be setup in mid-air and not on the surface, since pushing it flat on the surface will push in the button and close the cube.) Second, it means the triggering action for the closing of the cube is weight and let me tell you, the pokemon barely weigh anything and quite frequently don't set off the trigger upon rolling over top of the cube piece that has the button on the bottom. Third, and this is quite possibly the biggest deal breaker of the entire thing, with the button on the bottom you have now made every ramp up onto the base of the cube with the button UNLEVEL with the surface your playing on. That means it is IMPOSSIBLE to get your pokemon to roll up onto the cube and set off the button trigger properly. Basically, you are hoping your pokemon crashes into a wall (the unlevel ramp) and bounces into the air and lands on the center platform and again hoping that this will trigger the button on the bottom of the cube and then praying your pokemon doesn't fall out before the cube snaps shut which happens quite frequently. Irritation is now pure unadulterated frustration and rage at the pathetic attempt in the engineering of this toy. After over an hour of fiddling and trying to adjust it and using wedges to level the ramps, and anything else I could think of I had to admit defeat. This game is absolutely impossible to play. The kids were really disappointed in the end. At least they didn't have time to get attached to it and promptly moved onto another toy. I wouldn't take this toy if it was free, and I certainly wouldn't pay for it.

This toy is a complete waste of time and money. It does not work as advertised and the pieces malfunctioned right out of the box. One of the Poke balls would not stay closed, the cubes were ultra sensitive and snapped closed when you breathed on them, and the Pokemans did not always release from the launchers. I would not recommend this toy for a child. I will definitely return this loser and get my money back.

 

Pokemon Pop 'n Battle Rivalry Pack B;W Series 1 Grass Starter And Pikachu

 

View

2 comments:

Pokemon kuscheltier I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here.

Pokemon Figuren Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

Post a Comment